Website Disclaimer Notice
About Using This Website
By using this website you are accepting all the terms of this disclaimer notice. If you do not agree with anything in this notice you should not use this website.
Warranties and Liability
Grow Church is incorporated under Grow Church Inc. While every effort is made to ensure that the content of this website is accurate, the website is provided “as is” and Grow Church Inc. makes no representations or warranties in relation to the accuracy or completeness of the information found on it. While the content of this site is provided in good faith, we do not warrant that the information will be kept up to date, be true and not misleading, or that this site will always (or ever) be available for use.
We do not warrant that the servers that make this website available will be error, virus or bug free and you accept that it is your responsibility to make adequate provision for protection against such threats. We recommend scanning any files before downloading.
Nothing on this website should be taken to constitute professional advice or a formal recommendation and we exclude all representations and warranties relating to the content and use of this site.
In no event will Grow Church Inc. be liable for any incidental, indirect, consequential or special damages of any kind, or any damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, those resulting from loss of profit, loss of contracts, goodwill, data, information, income, anticipated savings or business relationships, whether or not advised of the possibility of such damage, arising out of or in connection with the use of this website or any linked websites.
Nothing in this disclaimer notice excludes or limits any warranty implied by law for death, fraud, personal injury through negligence, or anything else which it would not be lawful for Grow Church Inc. to exclude.
Licence To Use This Website
By using this website you agree to the exclusions and limitations of liability stated above and accept them as reasonable. Do not use this website if you do not agree that they are reasonable.
If any of the points in this disclaimer notice are found to be unenforceable under applicable law, that will have no bearing on the enforceability of the rest of the disclaimer notice.
Material on this website, including text, images and audio, is protected by copyright law and is copyright to Grow Church Inc. unless credited otherwise. It may not be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, posted, broadcast or transmitted in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use.
Prior written consent of the copyright holder must be obtained for any other use of material. Copyright of all recordings, images or text on this site remains with the copyright owner at all times.
No part of this site may be distributed or copied for any commercial purpose or financial gain.
All intellectual property rights in relation to this website are reserved and owned by Gateway Community Church Inc unless otherwise stated.
Links to Other websites and Products
Links to other websites are provided for the convenience of users. We are unable to provide any warranty regarding the accuracy or completeness of the content of such sites, or the reliability, quality or effectiveness of any products provided through external websites. A link to an external site does not imply an endorsement of the views, information or products provided or held by such websites.
Law and Jurisdiction
This disclaimer notice shall be interpreted and governed by Australian law, and any disputes in relation to it are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts Australia.
We reserve the right to revise and amend this disclaimer notice from time to time and any revised version will be deemed to be applicable from the first date of publication on this website.
This website is owned and operated by Grow Church Inc.
70 Pimpala Road, Morphett Vale, SA, 5162, Australia
- PREAMBLE On 12 March 2014, Australian law in respect of privacy was amended. The effect of this is that there are new requirements for organisations operating in the Australian context.
- POLICY Grow Church Inc (GC), in accordance with the principle of respect for individuals and current legislation, recognises and, therefore, commits to protect the right of privacy for members, adherents, staff, volunteers, directors and representatives of other agencies with whom GC has a business or other relationship.
- it meets its legal and ethical obligations as an employer in relation to protecting the privacy of staff, members and adherents
- staff, members and adherents are provided with information about their rights regarding privacy.
- staff, members and adherents are provided with privacy when they are being interviewed or discussing matters of a personal or sensitive nature.
- staff, directors and ministry leaders understand what is required in meeting these obligations.
GC is committed to protecting and upholding the rights of our members and adherents to privacy in the way we collect, store and use information about them, their needs and the services, programs and events we conduct.
GC is subject to legislation applying to the organisation and agrees to follow the guidelines of the Australian Privacy Principles in its management practices.
GC's management practices in respect of personal information are transparent and open and, accordingly, provides a statement to that effect on its website (www.growchurch.org.au).
GC ensures that
- PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Personal information will only be collected if it is required for a purpose related to GC's normal functions or activities. GC will inform people of the type of personal information held, for what purposes it is collected, how it is collected, used, disclosed and who will have access to it.
- Staff and volunteers must disclose that they are collecting personal data, obtain consent and inform the person providing the information of the purpose for which it is being collected. When data collection is made by telephone, this notification must be given at the commencement of the call.
- GC will seek to obtain personal information directly and only from individuals about whom the information relates except and unless the individual authorises in writing that information to be sourced from a third party. Consent can be obtained from third parties (parents, legal guardians or those with a court order making them responsible) if the person is under 16 years of age, taking into consideration the person’s capacity for understanding and comprehension.
- Information and the consent given in respect to that information needs to be recorded on a password-protected database or file.
- GC may for reasons related to protection and safety also seek personal information from a source other than the individual concerned if the individual is reasonably suspected of being or having been engaged in unlawful activity.
- If information is discovered to be incorrect or out of date, it will be corrected as soon as possible by contacting the person about whom the information relates or another authorised by that person.
- STORAGE AND SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION - GC will ensure that personal information is protected by reasonable safeguards against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification, disclosure or any other misuse.
- Personal information in electronic form about members and adherents will be stored on a password-protected database and not stored on unprotected hard drives or portable storage devices and/or methods.
- Files containing personal information of members and adherents will not be forwarded to private email addresses or mobile phones. GC will ensure that personal information is kept for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it has been collected and for which it may lawfully be used. Records will be disposed of securely and in accordance with reasonable requirements for the disposal of personal information.
Information on computers and photocopiers will be removed prior to disposal.
- ACCESS TO RECORDS - GC will take reasonable steps to allow an individual to access the personal information it holds about them and to correct inaccurate information as appropriate. The individual will need to provide identification and be accompanied when personally viewing files.
- USE PERSONAL INFORMATION - Personal information collected and held by GC will only be accessed and used by GC staff and volunteers who legitimately require to use the information for a purpose related to their role. Staff and volunteers are required to use the information only for the purpose for which it was provided at the time of collection.
Information may be disclosed in the following instances:
- with the individual’s written consent, or
- to reduce or avoid a threat to an individual’s life, health or safety or a serious threat to public health and safety, or
- when the use or disclosure is required or is specifically authorised by law, or
- if the individual is reasonably suspected of being engaged in current or past unlawful activity, and the personal information is disclosed as a necessary part of the investigation or reporting the matter.
- FURTHER INFORMATION - This process is outlined in detail in the privacy statement on GC website. For more information contact the office at email@example.com